3 Simple Ways To Brew Robusta Ground Coffee
Good coffee should not be intimating. Listed below are the easiest ways to brew your Kalinga Robusta coffee without the fancy coffee machines:
Coffee Brewing Methods
Pour Over Method
- Traditional Method
If you visit the province of Kalinga, expect an unlimited coffee refill thanks to the generosity of the locals! Robusta coffee is brewed the traditional way.
How to brew using the traditional method:
- Boil 2 cups of water in a kettle or pot. Bring water to a boil.
- When boiling, turn down the heat and add 2 tablespoons of sugar followed by 2 tablespoons of Robusta ground coffee.
- Let the coffee settle for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Filter coffee grounds before serving.
- French Press Method
French press coffee is dense and heavy, yet it has its sort of elegance. As with any method, the devil is in the details: To achieve a full expression of the coffee, decant it immediately after brewing so it doesn’t become bitter or chalky. Then, sink into this rich and heady cup. It only takes four minutes to brew.
How to brew coffee using a French Press:
- Put a tablespoon of coarsely ground coffee into the pot.
- Add hot water.
- Insert the plunger back in and hold for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Press down the plunger slowly and steadily.
- Serve coffee and enjoy!
- Pour-over method
The pour-over method requires a ground coffee, filter, and filter holder. This is a popular choice of brewing without the fancy barista machines.
How to brew coffee using Pourover Method:
- Prepare water at the right temperature (90 to 86 degrees Celcius).
- Rinse your filter for 5 seconds with hot water.
- Start your clock and add enough water to soak all of the coffee (a little premature dripping is okay). Wait for the coffee bed to stop the initial swelling (about 30 seconds) before adding more water.
- Wait for your coffee to drip for 20 seconds to 60 seconds.